You can now register your interest for 2022.
Directions in Abstraction is a ten week course into developing abstract art.
Dates are : 31st January 2022 until 11th April with one week rest.
The course covers finding your inspiration, a range of techniques in abstract painting including working with colour, developing texture, including collage and scaling work up. You will also learn how to develop a helpful art practice to support your painting. The course is for artists with some experience of painting who want to develop and loosen up their art and who have an interest in abstraction.
Directions in Abstraction is an online course with a difference as the teaching is delivered live rather than recorded and so you can ask Lin questions as she is teaching and demonstrating. Group size is limited to twenty four people so that Lin can get to know each of you and your work and support you. The course builds week by week with and is structured to provide a solid base into working abstractly looking at the techniques and skills of abstract painting along with sources of inspiration and mindset.
The programme will include:
- a programme that is structured to build your understanding step by step, designed by a practicing and exhibiting artist, qualified teacher and group leader
- clear lesson plans and outcomes all available as downloadable PDF’s
- a three hour live teaching session on each Monday of the programme from 4.30pm until 7.30pm UK time. Each session is recorded and uploaded to the website for later viewing
- a dedicated web portal with access to teaching materials and videos available until 1 October 2022
- a full list of materials needed for the course
- a variety of teaching methods including group and individual exercises, live paint along sessions, sketchbook and journaling prompts
- maximum group size of 24 people to encourage interaction, getting to know each other and one on one feedback from me
- two hour group coaching sessions on Thursday evening from 4.30pm until 6.30pm UK time where you can post images for feedback and ask questions
- a free half hour one to one coaching session with Lin bookable during and after the programme up until the 1st October 2022.
- group coaching is led by an experienced coach and group facilitator
- a private Facebook community for sharing images, support during the course and keeping in touch afterwards.
The 10 Week Programme
|Week 1||31/01/2022||Getting Started with Line||An exploration of line|
|Week 2||07/02/2022||Looking at Shape||An exploration of shape|
|Week 3||14/02/2022||Express Yourself with Colour||Colour wheel, techniques in colour mixing.|
|Week 4||21/02/2022||Collage||Making collage papers and collage play|
|Week 5||28/02/2022||Intuition & Free Expression|
|Accessing intuition for free expression|
|Week 6||14/03/2022||Surface Texture and History||How to create surface texture|
|Week 7||21/03/2022||Intention and Making Decisions||Structures and frameworks for decision making|
|Week 8||28/03/2022||Inspiration and Influence||What inspires you?|
|Week 9||04/04/2022||Scaling Up||Scaling up to make larger works|
|Week 10||11/04/2022||Final Editing, Completing and Finishing||Editing and completing work|
Read more about my teaching model here.
Cost and Terms
Cost for the programme is £300.00 payable in full at the time of booking. On completing the registration form you will be sent an invoice for payment.
Booking will open 03/01/2022
You can cancel with a 100% refund up to 10 days before the start of the programme, thereafter a no refund policy applies.
Teaching and coaching sessions are recorded using Zoom. As this means that group members may be recorded all video teaching and training material on this programme is confidential to the registered members of the course. It may not be shared or accessed by anyone not registered for the programme.
All written, visual and video material on this programme are the intellectual property of Lin Cheung and may not be distributed or reproduced for commercial use with out prior permission.