The course is now FULL for 2021.
Directions in Abstraction is a ten week course into developing abstract art.
Dates are : 8th March 2021 until 17th May with one week rest.
The course covers finding inspiration, techniques in abstract painting including colour, texture, collage and scaling work up, alongside how to develop a helpful art practice to support your painting. The course is for artists with some experience of painting who are interested in developing and loosening up their art and who have an interest in abstraction.
Directions in Abstraction is an online course with a difference as the teaching is delivered live rather than recorded which means you get to ask Lin questions as she is teaching and demonstrating. Group size is limited to twenty people so that Lin can get to know each of you and your work and support you. The course builds week by week with and is structured to provide a solid base into working abstractly looking at the techniques and skills of abstract painting along with sources of inspiration and mindset.
The programme will include:
- a programme designed by a practicing and exhibiting artist, qualified teacher and group leader
- a full list of materials needed for the course
- clear lesson plans and outcomes all available as downloadable PDF’s
- a three hour live teaching session on each Monday of the programme from 4pm until 7pm UK time. Each session is recorded and uploaded to the website for later viewing
- a dedicated web portal with access to teaching materials and videos
- a variety of teaching methods including group and individual exercises, live paint along sessions, sketchbook and journaling prompts
- maximum group size of 20 people to encourage interaction, getting to know each other and one on one feedback from me
- two hour group coaching sessions on Thursday evening from 6pm until 8pm UK time where you can post images for feedback and ask questions
- group coaching is led by an experienced coach and group facilitator
- a private Facebook community for sharing images, support during the course and keeping in touch afterwards.
The 10 Week Programme
|Week 1||08/03/2021||Getting Started with Line||An exploration of line|
|Week 2||15/03/2021||Looking at Shape||An exploration of shape|
|Week 3||22/03/2021||Express Yourself with Colour||Colour wheel, techniques in colour mixing.|
|Week 4||29/03/2021||Collage||Making collage papers and collage play|
|Week 5||05/04/2021||Intuition & Free Expression||Accessing intuition for free expression|
|Week 6||12/04/2021||Surface Texture and History||How to create surface texture|
|Week 7||26/04/2021||Intention and Making Decisions||Structures and frameworks for decision making|
|Week 8||03/05/2021||Inspiration and Influence||What inspires you?|
|Week 9||10/05/2021||Scaling Up||Scaling up to make larger works|
|Week 10||17/05/2021||Final Editing, Completing and Finishing||Editing and completing work|
Read more about my teaching model here.
Cost and Terms
Cost for the programme is £230.00 payable in full at the time of booking. On completing the registration form you will be sent an invoice for payment.
Booking is now open and you can book your place here.
You can cancel with a 100% refund up to 10 days before the start of the programme, thereafter a no refund policy applies.
Teaching and coaching sessions are recorded using Zoom. As this means that group members may be recorded all video teaching and training material on this programme is confidential to the registered members of the course. It may not be shared or accessed by anyone not registered for the programme.
All written, visual and video material on this programme are the intellectual property of Lin Cheung and may not be distributed or reproduced for commercial use with out prior permission.